I am officially done being 27 and have moved on to 28. This year was a year of great change and adventure. I am happy with what I have accomplished and I feel good about the place I am at in my life today. Here is my year in review!
This year I got to dive back into my love of travel and I could not be more grateful for this opportunity. Here are all of the beautiful countries I had the opportunity to visit this year. They are listed in no particular order.
- United States
- Czech Republic
Best Travel Moments
While there were so many amazing travel moments this year I have to say this was my top 4.
- Returning to Valencia- Read all about this trip HERE
- Solo Trip to Gdansk- Read all about this HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE
- Riding Bikes at Versailles- Click HERE to read more about this trip
- Successfully moving to a new country! I don’t really have a specific post about this but click HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE to read about my life this past year in Kraków.
Worst Travel Moments
While Year 27 was seriously amazing there were some rough moments. These are my 3 worst travel moments of the year.
- Visiting Amsterdam but not getting to see anything. I went to Amsterdam for work and I was so exhausted from all of my work and was there for such a limited time that I didn’t get out to see any of this wonderful city. I have to return again to really experience it.
- Gelato tragedy. Never before have I been so betrayed. Click HERE to read all about it.
- The time I rode a Gondola. Very anticlimactic. Read about it HERE. Sometimes we build things up too much in our heads and then they really aren’t that great.
27 Lessons Learned
BONUS- For the love of god, keep an extra hair tie with you at all times!
- Trust your instincts
- A place can be your soulmate. Valencia is mine.
- Learn to enjoy your own company.
- Missing home is ok.
- Not missing home is ok.
- Take moments during travel (and daily life) to just enjoy the moment.
- Always assume people have the best intentions until you know they don’t. Then act accordingly.
- People who say, “I’m the kind of person who ____” are trying to trick themselves just as much as they are trying to trick you. Notice when they say it. Notice when you say it.
- Small steps can set you in the right direction.
- Don’t buy as much stuff. Invest in moments.
- Don’t allow other people to stand in your sunshine.
- Be real.
- Change is usually for the better.
- Take time to sit quietly to read and write each day.
- People will hate. That’s on them.
- You can always find things to be unhappy about but it’s better to consciously choose joy.
- Sometimes calling people on their shit is necessary. Sometimes it is not.
- Taking big risks can pay off in big ways.
- Chocolate is always a good idea.
- Be your own boss.
- Make sure to say yes to good ideas and no to ones that don’t sit right with your heart.
- You can’t go back and change the past.
- Don’t live to work. It is overrated and you don’t turn into your best self.
- Don’t burn bridges. You never know when you might need them.
- Keep toxic people out of your life.
- Get enough sleep and always moisturize.
If you’re someone who has been reading my blog this past year I just wanted to take a moment to thank you! Thanks for putting up with me while I figure out my life as a blogger, something I still don’t think I have figured out just yet. Thank you for listening to my rambles and rants. Thanks for choosing to spend a little time with me each time you read a post!
Peace out 27 and year 1 of blogging! Here’s to all the new adventures that year 28 will bring me!